Freelance Senior Full Stack Developer
Daydot - Remote, ideally UK
Please note this is a remote freelance role.
Our mission is to help brands grow customer lifetime value through digital experience optimisation. We have been helping businesses scale for over 18 years and focus purely on data and research-informed digital experience optimisation (DxO) programmes. We are specialists in recurring revenue businesses, working with clients to grow customer lifetime value across acquisition, on-boarding and retention for some of the most interesting, and innovative brands around.
As a small but fast growing digital agency, our team works across a number of different client verticals and often wears different hats depending on what we are working on. The right person for this role will likely be looking for a part-time role where they can flex their muscles on interesting, technically challenging problems, yet have time to work on their own projects outside of Daydot.
We are looking for a freelance Senior Full Stack Developer to join our growing, innovative digital agency and lead our tech discipline.
This discipline focuses on development of high performance interactive web experiences, tests and experiments alongside the creation and optimisation of tools and technologies to aid the delivery of our own, and our clients’ work.
The primary product is A/B tests for clients across various sectors in acquisition, engagement and renewal programs.
You should have:
- Strong core knowledge of Front End programming languages.
- Modern Front End framework experience essential (React ideal).
- Strong core knowledge of one or two Back End languages.
- 3 to 4 years industry experience; Ideally PHP 7+ or node.js.
- Experience managing and maintaining remote cloud servers, maintaining DevOps pipelines and deploying websites through CI/CD workflows
- Experience with Digital Ocean and Buddy.works ideal.
- Experience building high performance A/B experiments, ensuring code is concise, scalable and modular. Both Client and Full-Stack testing experience are ideal. We are open to both client side and agency experience.
- Demonstrated work experience with high performance programming. Hands on experience with Experimentation platforms, such as Google Optimize and Optimizely.
- A pixel-perfect level eye for detail, ability to translate any design into a robust, fully functioning responsive web experience.
- Experience managing a small team of other developers, either in-person or remote.
- Ability to plan/advocate for training and progression of team members.
- Curious nature, an advocate for pushing technical boundaries to get the best results.
- Be a team player able to collaborate with other teams / client teams.
- Picking tools appropriately that fit the needs of the job.
- Fluent or native English speaking & writing skills.
- Previous experience working in the recurring revenue/subscription industry is highly beneficial.
- Digital marketing and ecommerce expertise. Experience in online marketing strategy, UX design and human cognitive principles would be a plus.
- Excellent client-facing skills: comfortable talking to clients - whether to new business prospects, clients, agency leaders, or team members.
- Exposure to subscription management tools, CRM and ecommerce platforms would be highly beneficial.
- Hands on experience with using Analytics tools.
What Daydot will expect of you:
- High level of autonomy. Candidates should be able to function on their own when required, as well as part of a larger team.
- Be able to pick up other developers work on an ad hoc basis (Client Support/Handovers).
- Ability to advise and answer technical business questions or problems both internal and for clients.
- Be able to represent the company on occassional client calls (whitelisted services), showing a strong technical presence and translate highly technical concepts into digestible chunks (for non-technical stakeholders).
- Be able to take on responsibility/ownership of internal tools or practices.
- Show competence with Daydot’s current tools and processes after an initial period of training.
Team around you
You will report into the Senior Fullstack Developer. You will closely collaborate with the entire business, consisting of specialists in User Research, Optimisation Strategy, UX Design, and Project Management.
The ideal candidate will have broad experience across the digital and experience collaborating with disciplines mentioned above.
Expertise leading a team and commercial accuity is desireable. You will need to be incredibly organised, and have a positive, collaborative attitude which should inspire people to follow your lead. You will be incredibly inquisitive and curious, with critical and analytical thinking a must, and have the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple and concise manner.
While the role is fully remote and while we will consider applicants that are outside the UK, you must be available to work standard UK client hours 9AM - 6PM BST/GTM. Your services will be whitelabeled. You must be insured as a freelancer.
What you will get
- Fully remote role and the work/life balance that comes along with it.
- Flexibility to work when you like.
- Retainer agreement with first 'right of reply' to pick up freelance work.
- A people focused business and amazing team of intelligent, curious and caring people.